Monday, December 22, 2008

Stuck in Snow-Homish






Ahhh! I have been so busy making stuff that I haven't had time to attend to this blog! Bad me! Bad me!
I've been snowed in for the past...5 days? 6 days? and anticipate being stuck here until after Christmas. But the good news is I LOVE SNOW! I do! It isn't the cold that bothers me in winter it's the darkness. An evening with snow on the ground is actually light.
Did I ever menton that I love my knitting machine? In the past two days I've made 10 pairs of wristlets for Christmas gifties; they're no where near to being as elegant and delicate as the ones Karin made for me last year, but they will suffice. I had fun using up all the doo-dads of yarns I found at Goodwill this past year. I kept finding single balls of pima cotton/bamboo blends, or pure merino or pure pima cotton or mohair - they probably were the leftovers from sweaters or shawls. Here are some of the not-quite-finished pairs of wrist warmers. Still have to sew the sides together on some of them.



















We're catsitting Lily who helped in making the wristwarmers. At least she's pretty sure she helped.

3 comments:

KayB said...

Ah..snow...the last time I saw plenty of it which actually stayed in one place for more than two hours was eight years ago!... I love snow...not the slush and dirt you get after it starts to melt away, but the white one, just love it. I envy you a little bit, wouldn't even mind being snowed in myself. So I wish you a very Merry White Christmas! Ah....

Åsa Bi said...

Merry Christmas Annika! It's cold here in Sweden, but no snow, alas. I could take some of yours...

/Åsa

Tuulia said...

Merry Christmas Annika! I've thought about you often - I meant to call you later today to wish you a merry christmas and to hear how you are! Do be careful if you have to go driving today!

I hope to see you soon! :)