Thursday, December 25, 2008

So Not Dreaming of a White Christmas

As it appears to have manifested in reality.















I had shoveled most of the snow off the front deck last night but to no avail.
















My brother gallantly offered to drive over in his 4 wheel megavan and take me to his house for the holiday, but I think it's snowing a little too hard right now - maybe later. In the meantime, I am happy, safe and warm. I've had a lovely breakfast of mushrooms, eggs, saugages, lingonberry jam and tangerines and left-over rum-glazed sweet potatoes (from last night's dinner). I've finished all the little gifties I was making for friends and family.


Jynx wanted to go out but thought better of it when she realized the snow on the deck was higher than she is tall...

3 comments:

NancyDaQ said...

Well, at least it's pretty. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Tini said...

oooh pretty. We had a very warm, green christmas again and to be honest, I wouldn't have been sad to be snowed in with DH and our food, that we bought the week before christmas. A lot less stress ;)
Hope you had a very wonderfull, white, peacefull christmas

Karin said...

I´ve had a green Christmas too and for work I like it to stay that way but...but for the Christmas spirit and the cosyness and that it gives me a reason to open onother bottle of glögg I would not mind some snow
Merry Christmas and happy new year

Karin