Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Making Stuff, Packing Stuff...

The term is finally winding up here at Stony Brook and I have been packing all my stuff in fairly-easy-to-ship boxes and sending them out to Washington in batches. I'm down to only a few projects still due for my classes; one is a Powerpoint presentation on Ibsen's "The Master Builder" due the end of this week and another is a performance in "American Decameron" at a place called The Tank in NYC on May 14th. I am performing two monologues - one of them is a video that will be broadcast during the show; it can be viewed here: Invisible. I called it Invisible, partly because most women over 40 are invisible to men and partly because the character is...well...dead...It was inspired by something Linda Shaffer told me years ago from when she worked in a funeral home.

And here's a puppet head I built for a raggedy puppet to be used in "American Decameron"
Apparently it lost its head in Korea somewhere. It was fun to build it a new one out of paper clay and styrofoam. Here he/she is next to a buddy puppet who had somehow managed to keep his head screwed on tight.











And here are some flip-flop socks I managed to finish last week.
They are only one-tenth as cool as the Easter socks Tini knit and sent to me!













The flowers are in bloom here on Long Island; here's the view from my basement apartment window

1 comment:

Tini said...

I think, your flip flop socks are awesome!!!!!