Sunday, June 01, 2008

Mary Russell's Boots

I found these charmers the other week and had to have them, even though I know it will be a good 6 months before I can actually wear them. They so reminded me of something Mary Russell from the Beekeeper's Apprentice might have found delightful.
My poor tootsies are doing well; apparently there was an abundance of scar tissue under the ball of my big left toe joint which was causing me great pain and hindering my ability to lay my foot flat to walk on it properly. Additionally, the metatarsal had shifted downward which felt wonky. The nurses presented me wih a packet of two screws - I was so out of it I don't know if they were the ones Dr. Lallas took out of my foot during this last bout of surgery, but I think they are. Mementos.Not that you want to hear all these tidbits of pedestrian knowledge...So I leave you with a soothing image of Gato playing guardian to newborn Rhiannon.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

Cool shoes! I hope your foot recovers quickly.

Karin said...

I like those shoes!
Nice to hear that surgery went well Hope to se you in Europe later this year