Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gloves and taxes

All of my friends have been making the most gorgeous knitted things; Tini has her delightfully intricate socks, Karin her wristlets extraordinaire. I am one giant jealous lump! Waaa! I wish I had the time to knit something! I'm too busy with my friggin' taxes, work, etc. So to appease my envious ego, I got out the first pair of finglerless gloves I ever knit. They were made sometime in 1993, and I wasn't clever enough to know how to finish the fingertips, so I just made fingerless gloves. I experiemented with fairisle and made up patterns like a crazy fool. The yarn came from an autumn trip to Asheville, North Carolina, where my mom and I watched the leaves turn vivid reds and crimsons. Many of the yarns were picked because they were the colors present in the trees and Blue Ridge mountains.

No comments: