Friday, December 22, 2006

Instant costume for non-descript Arthurian type personnage


I just found this picture of myself looking slightly out of it (whatever it is) that was taken before I went to a costume party with a "come as a famous author or character from a book" theme last summer.
I scrounged and scrounged around and couldn't find anything I thought acceptable, or that even fit well, since I'd gained so much weight in the past year (thanks to sleep apnea and just plain over-eating and no exercise). So when anyone asked me what character I was I said either Morgana from the Arthurian literature, or an obscure angst-ridden ghost from one of those gothic novels with a made-up name like "Guilthaven Manor" by a fictitious author like Sir Sheldon Deveint, Victorian novelist and naturalist.

2 comments:

Els said...

Annika you look fantastic in the purple velvet gown and face piece.

Anonymous said...

woooow, coooool....