Friday, March 30, 2007

More Tiny Togs

I was busy over last weekend working on this top for Rosie. It is McCalls 5135


I like how the bottom portion is basically a square with a round hole in the middle. The fabric I used is a pink tie dye satin with sparkles glued on the front surface. I was worried that the sparkles would be too scratchy on the portions where the fabric is folded to the inside (arm and neck openings) so I sewed ribbon to the insides of those areas so Rosie wouldn't get all scratched up.


I've also been working on an overalls dress for Rosie, with some yo-yo embellishments on the pockets. The idea for the ruched pockets I got from a woman's jacket in a recent Ottobre women's patterns magazine. The pattern for the overalls dress is an OOP Simplicity pattern - I don't have it in front of me now so I don't know the number - as if that might matter!

No comments: