Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sacrebleu!


My friend, a propmaster for a children's show at the Village Theatre needed a special prop built - a blue colored stuffed horse that serves as a mascot for a highschool in a musical version of "Midsummer Night's Dream". I thought I would have to blow this pattern up to at least 150 percent of its original size, but they were happy with it being just 22 inches high; here he is partially finished. Still have more of his mane to put in and he needs eyeballs and lids. I used Vogue pattern 7603 which was created as a companion pattern for those 18 inch high snobby looking dolls. I think this pattern would work really well for creating unicorns or pegasi...might make a purple velvet unicorn for a friend's 6 year old daughter...

1 comment:

Els said...

That little blue horse is adorable.