Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Decades of Time 1931 Parisienne Coat

So a few weeks ago I thought I would embark upon making this little number out of stretch velvet:
http://www.decadesofstyle.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=22

I mean, come on, if stretch velvet like we have today had been around in the 30's, everyone would have been using it! So I bought several yeards of the yummiest gold and black stretch velvet and made a size 22 coat, pictures to come as soon as I replace the battery in my digital camera.

The size 22 was a tad bit wide bodied for my taste nad a little short. Also, I should have made the collar out of something heavier than black stretch velvet since it sort of flops around, drooping instead of draping nicely.

I found a yard and a half of that persian lamb black velvet at JoAnn's last weekend and since I had a 50 percent off coupon...halleluyah! Hopefully there's enough for the second coat I am going to make - I'm giving the first one to a friend - gold is not one of my colors...

3 comments:

Tini said...

how that sounds sooo luxury.... and the pattern is tdf!
can't wait to see a picture...

Neefer said...

Pictures, please! It's sound delicious.

Gigi said...

Your coat sounds gorgeous! I can't wait to see the photos.