Sunday, August 05, 2007

My New Toy Car

Yesterday I finally got my new Mini Cooper - I ordered it a couple of months ago and it came in last week. I am soooo excited!




It has a very compact engine







Here is the salesman Jay explaining things like variable ambient lighting, and how to work the air co
I've waited 14 years for this! I know most people in the States buy cars more frequently than that, but I only buy one when I absolutely cannot stand driving my old beat up jalopies any more! In the case of my old Jeep, I was tired of getting soaked every time it rained. It rains alot in Seattle. Many years ago I had an Austin America, which was even tinier than this Mini. I loved that car and named it Larry O, short for Lawrence Olivier. Hmmm, what should I name the new baby?

5 comments:

KayB said...

Well, good luck with your motor!

Karin said...

I´m jealous!
I´m in the process of getting rid of my car to the car cementry and beeing car less for the first time in 15 years!!

Brightmeadowfarms said...

The color is BEAUTIFUL!

We have a friend who races (or used to, anyway) an OLD mini. He is about 6'4" tall, so it is quite a sight.

Brightmeadowfarms said...

PS. I have no idea what to name it. I was just so blown away by the color!

carole said...

bluebelleicious!