Friday, August 17, 2007

The World's Best Socks!

Today I received a package from my friend Tini who lives in Kiel!! Whoo hoo! I was eager to tear into it since I knew there were a pair of hand-made socks in the package. Tini is a marvelously talented knitter who also dyes her own yarn. She had also put some extras in with these gorgeous socks - some extremely yummy chocolates and some milk chocolate Kieler Sprotten! I laughed out loud when I saw the Kieler Sprotten - we had had a discussion on a message board on Pattern Review about souvenirs for the European Pattern Review weekend in October this year and I'd asked what Kieler Sprotten were and Tini said (and I paraphrase) that they were yucky little smoked fish that weren't even made in Kiel anymore...

Here are my happy feet in my beautiful socks! Wow! Socks that fit my size E for Enormous footsies! Me dogs ain't barkin' no more!

1 comment:

Tini said...

Glad, that they fit! I can make more :)