Friday, January 25, 2008

Sorry I have been incommunicado

I've been ultra-busy with my graduate classes and work and a new baby in the house and physical therapy for my foot so I haven't had much time to write.
I've been going to physical therpay for my foot, which after a session feels great for about a day before it begins to ache again...and I'm back to wearing the Franken-boot for a day or two until the swelling subsides.
I've made two versions of the Textile Studio Brussels skirt in the past week because it is the easiest skirt I've ever made. I'll post pictures soon, but I don't feel like limping around trying to get my friend to take pictures of me tonight.
For the first skirt, I used Textile Studio's
Renfrew Charcoal Corded Knit and a lovely poly? wool? huh? grey plaid with lime highlights for the second. I wore the charcoal skirt 3 days in a row because it is so comfy.
I've had this Mad Hatter's Hat pattern for about a thousand years, oh, okay, maybe only two or three, but until today, I couldn't find an adequate source for straw braid...I was thinking of doing it up in a darkish purply-navy dupioni silk for Marcus, or perhaps dark purple straw braid...hmmm...what do you think?
I'm so looking forward to PR's LA Weekend in March. My tickets are bought and the hotel reservations are made and I am good to go!I'll also be spending two days at the Sew Expo in Puyallup at the end of February; March is the month for fabric fun!
So I leave with a picture from the Japanese Garden in the Arboretum I took for a plein-air watercolor class a few autumns ago...

No comments: