Monday, September 24, 2012

One Word: Digital Publishing. Oh Okay, That's Two Words...

This week I am embarking on a new certificate program at the University of Washington. This one is in Digital Publishing and lasts three terms (a full school year). I know some of the information covered in this course already, but there are gaps in my knowledge about certain processes and it's those gaps I want to fill. Like marketing, e-publishing formats, and scrounging up creative help. I love the idea of writing and creating eBooks of my crafty projects, but I want to branch out into producing craft eBooks for other artists. And I'm thinking of expanding my publishing services to include other types of non-fiction like self-help books. Then fictional pieces, maybe short stories or anthologies. I see all of this as a natural segue from hard-core corporate IT to publishing the kind of artistic content I'm keen on exploring.

1 comment:

KayB said...

Oh wow, this sounds really interesting. Good Luck, and I'm looking forward seeing the results of this course/program!!