Saturday, September 10, 2011

What to do? What to do?

There's a big fabric swap in Tacoma next month where I will be able to sell some of my treasured fabrics - I know, it's almost sacrilegious to do so, but it must be done - and as I am sorting through my goodies to sell I came across my collection of devore/burnout velvet scarves.

I'd collected them over the years to put together one of Kayla Kennington's Paris evening coats, or Panel Tops but, (let's all chime in together) I never got around to it.
Looking over my collection, though, I realized I really didn't want to sell it; there are too many pretties! And I would never get back the money I've invested in all these scarves.



Admittedly, most were purchased for a few dollars at either Goodwill or Value Village, but I've amassed them over a period of probably 10 years.
So I need your help!
What should I make from all these luxurious snippets of Devore velvet?

6 comments:

Åsa Bi said...

Oh, you have some pretty pieces there! I think you should go ahead with your original plan and make a coat, but you could maybe make a wall-hanging, a pieced shawl or a quilt out of the remnants? They look so good together.

That fabric-swap thing sounds really fun! Like a giant ugly-fabric swap :) Is that when Karin is visiting you?

Tini said...

Ha, I challenge you to work on the pieces for 15 minutes a day! I bet you can come up with some fabulous results!

Anonymous said...

hello annika

i love your blog and look at it often. Make a coat or top as you first planned as they go together so well.

ruth

Karin said...

Unfortunatly I miss the Tacoma thing but I bet I will not go home empty handed...

Annika said...

Karin, you are sooo right! I have some fabrics you might want...

Cindi said...

Did you find a venue?