Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm back. Sort of.

I've been so busy with work and other responsiblities I haven't had the time or inclination to blog for the past two months. What a slug!
I do have one tidbit of exciting knowledge, though - I received an advance copy of my book last week! It was thrilling to open the cover of my first publicly acknowledged writing endeavor - never in my life did I think I had enough knowledge about any subject to actually produce a book...! I am still in shock.

I found a lovely porcelain/parian ware candle holder the other day at the Goodwill:


















And while at Stargazers in Bellevue, I treated myself to a big chunk of celestite.Celestite is thought to be good for communicating with angelic wisdom, and God knows, I sure could use some of that right now! I just like it for how sparkly it is.

5 comments:

KayB said...

Woo...hoo... there it is, congrats again. Looks great from the outside, any chance getting a signed copy (of course I'll pay for it)?

Tuulia said...

Yay! Congrats on the book! Where can one buy it?

Annika said...

The book won't be released to the public until the end of March, but it can be pre-ordered on Amazon. Oh Karina, I would be glad to sign a copy of the book for you - will you be able to come to paris in the Autumn?

Annika

Deepika said...

Congratulations Annika! What an achievement! I can't wait to see it!

KnotGypsy said...

Love the book! Congratulations on a job well done. Hope you are feeling better.

You can read my review at http://www.knotgypsydesigns.com/2009/04/book-review-micro-macrame.html