Tuesday, April 22, 2008

There is Something in the Air... is it Spring Cleaning?

My two biggest passions are books and fabrics. Nancy was blogging about her fabric stash the other day and mentioned that other bloggers were reorging their stashes too. Well so am I. Over the weekend I removed most of my books from my major bank of bookshelves and put all my fabric on the shelves instead. As you can see, I have a good-sized stash. Colossal even. I admit I am a bit of a hoarder, but in my defense I make costumes for theatre productions every so often, so my stash is, by those standards, quite small really...
I still have three shelves of literary books to redistribute, and have devoted one side of my stash to my sewing and embroidery-related books and magazines. The fellows from IKEA are showing up sometime this week to drop off 6 bookshelves for my living room...

3 comments:

NancyDaQ said...

Wow, love your Wall-O-Fabric. The shelving is more deluxe than mine! It looks quite nice. I shouldn't complain, given that I had to get all the components for mine up a flight of stairs when I set everything up at the last house.

Maybe when we get the new house, I can retire the white melamine shelving to the garage and get something nicer for the sewing room...

KayB said...

OMG! I love it! What a fabulous idea!

Nina said...

Annika,

Divorce finally almost over and selling the house of 20 yrs for a 1-bedroom apt. Books must go! Lots of things must go! It feels good, but it's hard because I'll never own these books again...........maybe that's ok and that's what libraries are for:-)