Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Busy busy busy

I have been very busy this last weekend. Linda had her 40th birthday party at P.F. Chang's - here are some photos. The first is a picture of Linda's sisters (from left ro right) Lois, Lori and Linda's niece Sabrina (Lori's daughter)

Next is Zanne and Linda
And Matt sandwiched in between Linda and Fran...


Additionally Sabrina just graduated from highschool! Yay! Sabrina is a vibrant, clever force to be reckoned with! She's off to university in the Fall to study marine sciences.










Also on Sunday I managed to put together a bubble skirt for Rosie. It's an Ottobre pattern from one of last year's magazines. the fabric is a glorious stretch pink velvet with embroidered flowers. I couldn't find any velvet ribbon that matched the skirt so I used pale pink from my stash. Whatever! The stretch velvet was much easier to work with than regular velvet - the plush fibers sort of smooshed right into eachother and held fast while I sewed. Usually velvet slides all over the place whilst between the feed dogs and presser foot. This time I lucked out.

1 comment:

NancyDaQ said...

It sure looks like you've been having fun. The little skirt is adorable. I agree that stretch velvet seems a little easier to work with than the regular kind--that is, if you can get the curling edges under control.